RE: [xsl] Problem accessing child nodes of a variable nodeset

Subject: RE: [xsl] Problem accessing child nodes of a variable nodeset
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:55:51 -0400
[ Dan Sumption]

> I have an XSLT template which is passed a nodeset as a parameter:
>
> 	<xsl:param name="pageNode"/>
>
> I imagine that, with a variable giving a starting point in the node
> tree, the namespace should be picked up automatically, but
> perhaps this
> isn't the case for child elements? If not, how do I set the
> namespace as
> something like the following doesn't work:
> 	<xsl:value-of select="ws:$pageNode/title"/>

There's not much anyone can tell you without seeing how you construct
the parameter's nodeset value.  At a guess, if the "title" element is
qualified, you probably want

 	<xsl:value-of select="$pageNode/ws:title"/>

The point here is that you have to specify the namespace for any
name-space-qualified item, not just for its parent.

Cheers,

Tom P