Re: [xsl] Noob: hmm using nested templates, how do i get the nodes within

Subject: Re: [xsl] Noob: hmm using nested templates, how do i get the nodes within
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:03:07 +0100

   <xsl:template match="//Row">

Never start a match pattern with // (it does not do anythiung useful)

   <xsl:when test='(aaa="null")'></xsl:when>

The brackets aren't needed there but otherwise OK.
but you don't need an xsl:choose here at all.

  <xsl:choose>
  <!--Here we put nothing if nodevalue=null -->
  <xsl:when test='(NA="null")'></xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select="NA"/></xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>

All of teh above can be replaced by
  <xsl:value-of select=NA[not(.='null']"/>

   <xsl:variable name="cell" select="//Row/[*]"/> <---------------Here's
   where i think i go wrong, how do i select the nodes

You can never put a [ after a / I can't really guess what you mean
here but perhaps you mean //Row/* but that would searchg the entire
document for all teh Row elements and then make a node set of all their
children, I doubt you want that as teh result would have no connection
to the cell that you are currently processing.

David