Re: [xsl] Text Table with sorting

Subject: Re: [xsl] Text Table with sorting
From: Ryan Sawatzky <rsawatzky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:08:44 -0500
Hi David,

I'll reproduce my sample output so it shouldn't wrap.

-----------
Marital Status
marriage (1997-01-15)
divorce (1993-06-24)
marriage (1989-04-11)

Date of Birth
1968-04-05

Religion
Lutheran (1996-12-02)
Roman Catholic (1968-04-05)
----------------

Of course, the columns would appear next to each other, so it would appear as

-------------
Marital Status  Date of Birth   Religion  (etc..)
-------------

However, the refDate attributes on maritalStatus and religion are not tied to each other. The refDates for all five elements can be different as they are above, yet both columns have to be sorted.

Thanks for the reply,
--Ryan

David Carlisle wrote:

Your sample output got wrapped which made it a bit confusing but i
think yprobbaly your religion field alwas has a date that ties it to
marital status, so

<xsl:for-each select="$left"> <xsl:sort select="@refDate"/> <xsl:variable name="for-each-pos" select="position()" /> <xsl:variable name="date" select="@refDate" />

   <xsl:call-template name="print-entry">
      <xsl:with-param name="entry" select="$left[ $for-each-pos ]"/>
   </xsl:call-template>

   <xsl:call-template name="print-entry">
      <xsl:with-param name="entry" select="$middle[ $for-each-pos ]"/>
   </xsl:call-template>

   <xsl:call-template name="print-entry">
      <xsl:with-param name="entry" select="$right[@refDate=$date"/>
   </xsl:call-template>