RE: [xsl] splitting multiple occurrences of an element within another element

Subject: RE: [xsl] splitting multiple occurrences of an element within another element
From: "Brian Benson" <bbenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:53:51 -0500
Thanks for the explanation Tom.

                      "Passin, Tom"
                      <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>            To:       <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:  RE: [xsl] splitting multiple occurrences of an element within another element
                      rrytech.com

                      09/25/2003 09:29 AM
                      Please respond to xsl-list

[ Brian Benson]

> Thank you very much.  Your code does exactly what I need.
> Now I need to
> see if I can understand it.

Mukul Gandhi's solution is very similar to the one I posted earlier,
with a few changes to account for the deep nesting location of the
doclink.  The key point in both solutions is the selection of doclink
nodes - which Gandhi is selecting with .//doclink (BTW, '//doclink'
would work just as well here), which finds doclink nodes at any depth
instead of just the one nesting level I originally used.  He uses the
ancestor axis to find the related document node so he can get the right
attribute values - my example used '..' to get to the right ancestor.

Gandhi uses for-each instead of apply-templates.  Either way will work,
as you can see.

Cheers,

Tom P