RE: [xsl] Best way to use global params in templates to cover pot ential com binations?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Best way to use global params in templates to cover pot ential com binations?
From: "Kathy Burke" <Kathy_Burke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:50:35 -0400
many thanks, J.

kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 2:18 PM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [xsl] Best way to use global params in templates to cover
potential com binations?

Kathy Burke wrote:
> In English, I need to cover in xsl all potential combinations of Customer
> and Assembly (exists or not exists), for example:
>
> 1. If the Customer attribute does NOT exist in <link>, show the link
{@url}
> regardless of the param value for customer XYZ.
> 2. If the Customer attribute DOES exist, show the link ONLY if the
attribute
> matches the param value XYZ.
> 3. Also, various combinations of Customer AND Assembly attributes exist,
> etc.

Seems like you want to use xsl:choose:
  <xsl:temlate match="link">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="not(@Customer)">
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="@Customer=$Customer">
      </xsl:when>
      <!-- add your various combinations -->?
    </xsl:choose>
   </xsl:template>

Only the first when clause whose test evaluates to true will
be executed, so be careful arranging them. Educate yourself
about xsl:otherwise too.

J.Pietschmann