Re: [xsl] problem - generating XML schema via XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] problem - generating XML schema via XSLT
From: Bob Foster <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:50:22 -0500
S Woodside wrote:
On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 05:07 PM, Christian Sell wrote:

S Woodside wrote:

Why not write your schema in Relax NG (RNG) and convert it to W3C XML Schema (WXS) using Trang ? All the work is already done for you ... RNG is MUCH easier to write and read.
http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html
simon

the schema I am generating imports an master schema and extends the subsitution groups defined therein (like OO inheritance/poymorphism -. very nice). Despite all talk about other schema languages being equivalent or superior to XML Schema, I have found none that really support this.

Yes, IIRC Relax NG relies on W3C XML Schema for datatypes.

Nope. RELAX NG supports a pluggable datatype API that can import arbitrary parameterized datatypes. XML Schema datatypes are supported through this mechanism, not solely and not as a special case.

Bob Foster