[xsl] advice/experience to share on content format options

Subject: [xsl] advice/experience to share on content format options
From: Terence Kearns <terencek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:17:08 +1000
Hi there, I will be working on a project to create a website from some large MS Word files (books). I plan on using XML/XSLT so that I can change the layout/design post facto (make it skinnable).

I'd like to know if anyone can share some experience on the best way to prep MS Word content for XSL processing.

On of the options I'm looking at right now is loading it up in OpenOffice and then using the DocBook export filter to manually convert the content to simplified DocBook (which I know very little about at this stage). Open Office also allows me to export to XHTML.

I realise this may depend on the way the Word document is prepared, but since I haven't got a copy yet, I'm hoping it will use Word's structural capabilities -- ie. sections/chapters whatever.

Thanks in advance.

-- Terence Kearns ~ ph: +61 2 6201 5516 IT Database/Applications Developer Enterprise Information Systems Client Services Division University of Canberra www.canberra.edu.au