RE: [xsl] badly need xsl help

Subject: RE: [xsl] badly need xsl help
From: "Martinez, Brian" <brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:32:43 -0600

<sigh> Apologies for prolonging this, but this is an even less helpful
response than the one to which you replied.  If you had read beyond the
first paragraph, you'd note that Michael attempted to answer the person's
question, after reminding him of *basic* list etiquette that would help in
getting questions answered more quickly.

We *all* have a lot going on, and the fact that some folks take the time
that they do to help others with XSL questions (unpaid, mind you!) negates
your assertion that they are arrogant and unhelpful.  What no one has time
for, however, is hand-holding.  All they ask is that we follow simple rules
regarding subject lines, phrasing of questions, inclusion of sample XML/XSL,
etc. so that questions can be answered as quickly and efficiently as
possible.  If this forum was only for newbies, as you imply, then there'd be
no "oldbies" around to help.

I guarantee you--blathering about how unhelpful the "gurus" are, will *not*
motivate anyone to be more helpful in the future.  If you want consideration
for *your* time, then you need to be considerate of theirs.

hth,
b.

| brian martinez                           brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.357.3548 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.357.3380 |
| 6560 greenwood plaza blvd., suite 400           englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |