Re: [xsl] Template to return XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Template to return XML
From: "Karl J. Stubsjoen" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:38:01 -0700
It seems that I am missing the exact syntax for returning the RTF, or my
XSLT parser does not support returning a RTF.
Specifically, I'm hung up with the variable decleration (i've verified all
the other pieces).  Particulary the *select*... isn't select expecting an
XPATH expression?  Therefore, it does not make sense that the select contain
the name of a template.  However, if I declare a variable with no select,
then within the variable issue a call-template, what is returned isn't a RTF
(just text).  So, subsequent XPATH selections against this variable result
in the error:
Expression must evaluate to a node-set. -->$xmTmplt<--
So... how do I call that template?

<xsl:variable name="xmTmplt" select="how_to_call_this_template"/>
-or-
<xsl:variable name="xmTmplt">
  <xsl:call-template name="but_then_xmTmplt_does_not_resolve_to_RTF"/>
</xsl:variable>

Karl