RE: [xsl] Apply Templates question

Subject: RE: [xsl] Apply Templates question
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:53:39 -0700
No, you cannot do this.

You would need something like the javascript "eval" function in order for the XSLT processor to evaluate the text as a template.

XSLT does not have a runtime way of executing generated code. I don't know if XSLT2 provides some facility in this area. You can, however, generate a transform and then execute that in a second pass on a document. You can also make your actual templates more dependent on passed params in order to provide more dynamic behaviour.

rich