RE: [xsl] Filtering files with data

Subject: RE: [xsl] Filtering files with data
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:35:15 -0400
Sajjad,

At 01:11 PM 10/20/2003, you wrote:
I am looking for a "move to" function in XML so while transforming an
XML document, I would be able to move the linked (word, pdf, tif, gif
etc) documents to specific folders.

Can XSLT help here?

Not directly: XSLT, in order to achieve its goal of platform independence, has very limited abilities even to learn about, much less intervene in, its operating environment. (For example, you need extension functions to query the platform for today's date, etc.)

It might be a help indirectly, in that you can use XSLT to write yourself shell scripts or batch files to move the files around, which you could then execute, possibly invoking them after the transform has been run by the same routine that invokes the transformation. It all depends....

Cheers,
Wendell