Re: [xsl] importing stylesheets from remote host

Subject: Re: [xsl] importing stylesheets from remote host
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:16:23 +0200
klute wrote:
the default behaviour is to look for the imported
stylesheets on the host where the transformation
happens (in my case this would be host A). That's not
what i want since all of my stylesheets reside on the
remost host B and I am tryiong to avoid hardcoding
host B within each <xsl:import>.

I don't think this is correct, if xsl:import has a relative URI, it should be resolved against the URI of the style sheet. If this was downloaded from another machine, so will be the imported files. WIth a JAXP 1.1 compatible processor like Xalan this can be overridden with an URIResolver. The Apache XML commons http://xml.apache.org/commons (IIRC) has such a beast working with various sorts of catalogs, which can take care of DTDs also.

J.Pietschmann