Re: [xsl] org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMException while transforming

Subject: Re: [xsl] org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMException while transforming
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:50:25 +0200
Pramodh Peddi wrote:
Sorry for coming back. This is my second email regarding the same issue
"org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMException: No more DTM IDs are available".

This is a known problem with the Xalan shipped with some older JDK 1.4 releases. Either upgrading to the latest release or putting the xalan jar from a recent release into the JDK's lib/endorsed directory will help.

In my previous email, I forgot to ask if I can place the xalan.jar in the
application's own classpath rather than placing in the {JRE} folder.

This wont work, because the JDK's Xalan is part of the JDK, therefore in the bootclasspath and loaded before anything in the classpath. You'd need some pretty incomprehensible fiddling with the bootclasspath in order to remove the JDK's Xalan but keep everything else intact. Don't bother, tell them to upgrade.

J.Pietschmann