[xsl] Embedded XSL

Subject: [xsl] Embedded XSL
From: "Marius Zubac" <zubac@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:33:03 -0500
I have problems with embedding an XSL into the XML file/memory stream and
having IE executing and correctly displaying the content.
There are a few resources I checked, including the page on this site and
MSDN and all give generalities about the fact that 1. you need to use a href
to an ID in the document, 2. that you need to have a DTD and 3. that you
need to have an additional style defined to prevent displaying the style
sheet you want to execute. Although the theory is clear I have not seen yet
ONE example of XML file with all the necessary XSL information embedded that
I can double-click in Windows Explorer and have it loaded and displayed
correctly (using the style) in IE.

All I need is ONE file. In my opinion if the DTD info cannot be transported
by the same 'xml' file the whole idea of embedding has a conceptual flaw but
let's say I can live with a second (DTD) file that is sitting in the same
folder with the application. I still need to know how to reference it
correctly.

Thanks
Marius