RE: [xsl] Displaying and using huge node lists

Subject: RE: [xsl] Displaying and using huge node lists
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:38:54 -0000
180,000 nodes isn't absurdly large (do you count text nodes?), and
should be within reach if you make sure you have enough memory. For
comparison, Jon Bosak's Old Testament is about 50,000 nodes, and Saxon
builds the tree for this in under 2 seconds. But it's clearly large, and
you want to avoid parsing this data repetitively if you can. How you do
that depends very much on the application.

Michael Kay