Re: [xsl] retaining "xml:" prefix on attribute name

Subject: Re: [xsl] retaining "xml:" prefix on attribute name
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:36:44 +0100
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 05:24:44PM -0500, Saverio Perugini wrote:
> When I use <xsl:output method="xml"/>, the "xml:" prefix remains.
> I however need html, not xml, output.  I am using libxslt.
> Is it possible to retain the "xml:" prefix on the lang attribute in HTML
> output?

  That libxslt bug was reported previously and is fixed in CVS.
In general if there is a problem with libxslt or xsltproc the way to report
it is to follow the instructions there:
   http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html

  The probability that I will catch the fact that one of the post
in this list might be about libxslt or xsltproc is small ... no it is
actually *tiny*. If you want proper feedback on a specific libxslt or
xsltproc problem, then use the proper channels, however if it is unclear
whether the problem is processor specific or a misunderstanding about
the XSLT spec, you will get a better feedback on this list. Trying with
various processors and comparing results helps disambiguate problems too.

  The problem is to triage feedback, that's hard, but needed to optimize
providing the correct answer and getting fixes where they pertain in a
timely fashion. When it's a company supported product, there is paid staff
to do this, when operating without support the user community usually
does the job (pretty well) but that also requires the user to get more
involved in the process.

Daniel

daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |