RE: [xsl] precompiled XSL Stylesheets

Subject: RE: [xsl] precompiled XSL Stylesheets
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:10:08 -0000
> I've read something about precomiled stylesheets.
> As I'd like to hide the code in the stylesheets I've written
> I'm wondering if precompiled stylesheets might be a way to
> achieve this.
>
> I'm working with Saxon 6.5.2 .
> Can anyone tell me how to precompile my stylesheets, any
> limitations involved and how to call them using Saxon?

This facility is only available in later versions: see

http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon7.7/using-xsl.html#Compiling

I would recommend against hiding your source code, unless you are
ashamed of it. The value you get from other people seeing your code and
giving you feedback is far greater than what you lose by people stealing
it.

Michael Kay