RE: [xsl] cdata-section-elements - not wrapping real xml in cdata markers

Subject: RE: [xsl] cdata-section-elements - not wrapping real xml in cdata markers
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:25:06 -0000
> so the question is, is there a way to wrap *everything*
> inside of an element
> in cdata markers, including child xml?

CDATA means "character data". So by definition, it can't contain markup.

Saxon has an extension saxon:serialize() that allows you to serialize a
tree to a string, and then treat the string as character data. This
would meet your needs. Though generally I advice people against XML
structures that hide markup inside CDATA sections - it's much better to
use the hierarchic structure of XML natively.

Michael Kay