RE: [xsl] XSLT conditional sorting problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT conditional sorting problem
From: "thei" <thei@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:33:10 +1000
Thanks for the help, that has helped immensely.

Unfortunately, I'm still having a little problem.

Ideally, I'd like various artists' albums to be sorted like this:

Artist1
	Album1
		Songs
	Album2
		Songs
Various Artists - Album1
	Songs
Artist2
	Album
		Songs
Various Artists - Album2
	Songs
Etc.

To sort various artists by album only - excluding various artist albums from
the normal sorting, but still sorting normal songs by artist then album. The
problem I come across is that I can't work out how to do both at once. I can
(thanks to Jeni's help) sort songs by artist and then album, but I don't see
any way to apply a "various artists" sort once they're already sorted by
artist. Alternatively I can sort by album only, but then I lose the ability
to sort by artist first. I hope that made some sense?

Printed on 100% recycled electrons.
http://nedmartin.org/