Re: [xsl] apply-templates with exceptions

Subject: Re: [xsl] apply-templates with exceptions
From: Matt Chaput <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:52:48 -0500
Matt Chaput wrote:

Hi, sorry if the answer to this is in the archives/faq but it's hard to think what the search terms should be for this problem.

Basically, I want a way to pull out a particular sub-element or -elements for special styling, then do the equivalent of apply-templates on all the *other* sub-elements that haven't been "special-cased".

Hey, just found out how to get a "negative" node list (thank-you, archives!):

<xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(name() = 'title')]" />

I'll use this unless anyone has a cleaner or more efficient method?

Thanks!

Matt

--
Matt Chaput               |   S I D E E F F E C T S   S O F T W A R E
Senior Technical Writer   |   www.sidefx.com

"A goddamned ray of sunshine all the goddamned time" -- Sparkle Hayter