Re: [xsl] Vertical lines

Subject: Re: [xsl] Vertical lines
From: "Skwirel Software Ltd" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:33:41 -0000
Tomas,

Thanks for the answer.  I've already tried this, but the results are
unacceptable.  To add a border to an empty block you have to add sufficient
bottom padding to get the length, but even then the length is too short eg a
5cm line is approx 0.3cm short a 15cm line is approx 0.9cm too short.  I
also believe that the border is drawn on the outside of the block container
so that specifying the block as 1cm to the left is not necessarily going to
position the left edge of the line 1cm to the left and the line thickness
would have to be taken into account in the calculation.  Presumably, with a
bit of maths these problems could all be overcome, but I was rather hoping
there would be a simple and accurate solution for inserting vertical (and
indeed horizontal) lines, though damned if I can find one!

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards,

Mark