Re: [xsl] multi-document question

Subject: Re: [xsl] multi-document question
From: "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0500

On Nov 23, 2003, at 7:09 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

Sorry but that doesn't tell us anything. xml doesn't define an entity
called a-acute and I don't know any standard entity set that does
either.

Maybe my terminology is off. They are unicode character strings.

Here's my document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
 <mods id="one">
    <para>one &#x00E9;</para>
    <identifier type="citekey">1</identifier>
 </mods>

What I'm referring to is the &#x00E9; thing. When running this through my first stylesheet with xsltproc, I still get &#x00E9;. When I run the same document through the saxon-based analog I get instead é. (hope this renders right in your email client!)

Bruce