[xsl] Re: Replacing portion of element name

Subject: [xsl] Re: Replacing portion of element name
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:47:24 +0100
"Boyd, Eddie" <eddie.boyd@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:BC1489C260F5D611A6A400508BB0929327F1B0@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks, there is definitely a typo in my element name, it should be
> <commander_s_tracked_station_list>.  You are right that Jim's rule will
work
> with the example given, but may alter other instances.  I may just have to
> wait for XSL 2.0 (if it will have the capability I need), or use an
> extension. Thanks.

Neither XSLT 2.0 nor any extension functions will help if you don't know (to
say it politely: "cannot express") what you want. This is what Wendell has
been trying to explain. Once you have a well-defined, unambuguous task, then
it may be possible to find a solution with XSLT 1.0.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.