Re: [xsl] Re: "Instantiating a template" ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: "Instantiating a template" ?
From: David Tolpin <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:33:47 +0400 (AMT)
> I think you're not making difference between a match pattern and an XPath
> expression. Match paterns are only a restricted subset of the set of
> syntactically correct XPath expressions.
>
> As Wendell pointed out, this distinction is at the heart of XSLT.

Dimitre,

I was commenting on the exact cause due to which node() cannot match the root
node. I was trying to show that the cause is not that node() is required to be
a child of something, as another poster had suggested, but is that node() is a
short way to write child::node().

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/