RE: [xsl] First close a tag, then open

Subject: RE: [xsl] First close a tag, then open
From: "Martinez, Brian" <brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:34:42 -0700
Forgive me--somehow I hit Ctrl+S while typing my reply.  Ignore my previous
response.

On the list of Top Ten XSLT FAQs, this is Number 0.  With a bullet.  ;-)

Anyway: you're thinking in terms of tags, not nodes.  XSLT, as an XML-based
language, doesn't do tags.  It builds result trees from source trees.  This
requires well-formed XML, in both the source and your stylesheet:

> <xsl:if test="position() mod 2 = 0">

> </xsl:if>

. . . which this isn't.

There are several approaches to building multi-column tables from XML;
rather than reinvent the wheel, just check out the XSLT FAQ:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N7450.html

hth,
b.

| brian martinez                           brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.357.3548 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.357.3380 |
| 6560 greenwood plaza blvd., suite 400           englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |