RE: [xsl] Saxon and XT both exhibit unexpected document() behaviour

Subject: RE: [xsl] Saxon and XT both exhibit unexpected document() behaviour
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:42:31 -0000
> Can anyone justify from the XSLT specification why both XT
> and Instant
> Saxon 6.5.3 find the dir1/data.xml file when the relative URI is
> "../data.xml" and the stylesheet fragment is dir2/ss2.xsl?  I
> believe both
> should be reporting the error that the parent directory of
> dir2 does not
> contain the file "data.xml", but if they both are doing the
> same behaviour
> then it must be something I'm missing from the spec.

Both Saxon and xt have a version that is prepackaged to use the
Microsoft JVM, and (probably) both are using the java.net.URL class to
resolve relative URIs. So if the answer is wrong, you can probably blame
the Microsoft JVM. As others have pointed out, this comes down to a
question of whether the JVM is handling "\" in accordance with RFC 2396.

Michael Kay