Re: [xsl] Removing Duplicates & Formatting

Subject: Re: [xsl] Removing Duplicates & Formatting
From: JCS <subscriber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:17:37 +1300
On 11/12/03 10:48 PM, "David Carlisle" <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Your solution presented some interesting results. The first, most notable,
>> was that the paths were not in the order of the XML tree-
>
> well they are, but when removing duplicates I only kept the _last_:
>
> <xsl:copy-of select="saxon:node-set($x)/p[not(.=following-sibling::p)]"/>
>
> sounds like you want to keep the first:
>
> <xsl:copy-of
> select="saxon:node-set($x)/p[not(.=preceding--sibling::p)]"/>

LOL, like "duh" (me)... Looks like I need to spend more time at ZVON's XLab.

Tonight I've really thought about how I still think "procedurally" and not
"declaratively" when using XSL...

>> And last but not least, I tried to substitute the <p> element in your
> p was a random letter I happened to hit on a keyboard, you should be
> able to have any element/attribute combination you want there (so long
> as you test for that element rather than p in the second pass that
> removes duplicates. ie the two p's in the line quoted above.

Oh... Thanks... I was going to look up the Saxon extension but haven't had
time... For some reason I assumed "P" was the block you chose because of the
HTML <p> tag... Right before you wrote back I noticed there were two P's in
the expression--and that's what I didn't change before. But now I know I
don't have to change it at all.

Super-thanks again,

/johnny :)

--