Re: [xsl] traversing node by node in apply-templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] traversing node by node in apply-templates
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:10:05 +0100
ARULRAJ wrote:
I want to traverse content of <rule> one by one. Here
<bindings> and <condition> are appear in XML any
order. So, If I use the below code only <bindings> will be
processed and <condition> next. How to traverse one by
one
<xsl:template match="rule">
<xsl:if test="bindings">
<xsl:apply-templates select="bindings"/>
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="condition">
<xsl:apply-templates select="condition"/>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

I think you want <xsl:template match="rule"> <xsl:apply-templates/> </xsl:template>

or perhaps
 <xsl:template match="rule">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
 </xsl:template>
in case processing unstripped whitespace nodes triggers
problems.

In any case the xsl:if around the xsl:apply-templates in
your original code are redundant.

J.Pietschmann