Re: [xsl] ClassCastException

Subject: Re: [xsl] ClassCastException
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:01:21 GMT
> thanks David this works but my problem still exists
you still have lots of examples of the problem I mentioned before.

         <xsl:for-each select="$rootnode//component">
That line can only work if $rootnode variable holds a node set but you
define it like
                <xsl:with-param name="rootnode">
                   <xsl:value-of select="/DATA/component"/>
                   </xsl:with-param>

so its not a node set (you have to use the select attribute of
with-param)
its a result tree fragment consisting of a root note, and a text node
with the string value of whatever is in your component element.

Perhaps you need to just give a top level description of what you are
trying to do, and someone may suggest some code.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew