[xsl] Generating XML fragment to DOM node using XSL

Subject: [xsl] Generating XML fragment to DOM node using XSL
From: Steve Dussinger <sdussing@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:25:09 -0800
Hi All:

I am attempting to use an XSL stylesheet to take data from an existing
DOM document, and place it into a different existing DOM document.

The problem I'm having is that I get the following exception from
Xalan-J (version 2.5.2), because I am not generating a single root
node from my stylesheet:

"Can't have more than one root on a DOM!"

Now I understand that I can't create more than one root node on a DOM
document, but since I'm generating these nodes into an already
existing document, I assumed that this would not be an issue. I can
generate a single root node as part of my transform, and all works
fine, but the resulting data as placed into my destination document is
screwed due to the addition of a new node.

Is there some switch setting or something that I need to use to make
this work? I'm fervently hoping that this is not something that "just
can't be done using XSLT", and that I've just missed something in the
docs...

Any help greatly appreciated...

Thanx,
   Steve Dussinger