Re: [xsl] FO page width size according to print settings

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO page width size according to print settings
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:10:36 -0500
At 2004-01-14 14:46 +0000, Andrew Welch wrote:
Is it possible to have an FO page size according to the print settings?

I'm not sure what you mean by "the print settings" ... there are no such things in XSL-FO.

Or more to the point, what is the FO to produce the PDF that resizes to
page size in the print settings.

If you mean "print settings found inside of the PDF file" ... I believe there are no such XSL-FO constructs ... XSL-FO doesn't look inside other graphic formats, though the rendering components of XSL-FO engines do.

For example,

<fo:external-graphic width="90%" src="url(file://c:/foo.gif)" id="foo1"
/>

Will render a graphic that is 90% of its container width.

The default for content-width is "auto" which is the intrinsic content-width (which if the engine knew how to retrieve from the PDF file would probably retrieve it).

How can I set the container (simple-page-master page-width?) to grow according to the
page size?

If I understand your earlier question, page masters have nothing to do with the scaling of a graphic image (even if that graphic image happens to be based on a page content).

Currently it just renders an A4 size page in the middle of the A3 page,

Isn't that what you asked for: "the print settings"?

rather than resizing its contents.

If you have an A4-sized PDF file, what size would you like it to be in your A3 page? When you say "resizing its contents", to which size would you like it resized?

--
North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-03-15
Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc