Re: [xsl] Re: Useful open-source XML/XSLT editor

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Useful open-source XML/XSLT editor
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:28:00 -0800
Joshua Allen wrote:

Does anyone use this on Windows?  I have tried a few times to use jEdit
on Windows using Sun's VM and had screen refresh problems.  I know it's
a bit offtopic, but maybe someone knows the quick answer.

I find jEdit a little clumsy too. My favorite OS editor/tool is eclipse (http://eclipse.org). Feels much nicer...

As for an XML/XSL/(XSD|RNG)schema editor, I use Oxygen (http://www.oxygenxml.com/). It is not OS, but is not that expensive. It has definitely become my favorite for a few reasons:

- it works cross platform and you only need to buy one license
- it can be used in ecplipse (cross platform) as a plugin with the same license as the standalone version
- it has catalog support
- it is basically a nice (gui-wise) wrapper around several OS apps.
- highly configurable
- it's own plugin architecture (not available in the eclipse plugin version)

these are my main reasons but there are several more features I did not mention.

best,
-Rob