Re: [xsl] Invalid character found [dtd]

Subject: Re: [xsl] Invalid character found [dtd]
From: "B. Tommie Usdin" <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:31:05 -0500
Mike --

The beauty of XML is that it is (relatively) easy to write software
to process it. The way this was achieved is to limit the variations
in the syntax and to (virtually) prohibit users from making syntax
changes.

/ isn't a legal XML name character, and there's nothing you can do
to make it one.  (You could do your EAD processing in SGML, where
you could make this change, but if you do you won't be able to
use all the cool new XML tools.

I suggest making up a different code for "box/folder". Perhaps
"BoxInFolder" or "BoxOrFolder" or something else that describes what
you mean within the limits of XML names.

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx