Re: [xsl] Encoding attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] Encoding attribute
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:25:54 GMT
  And then if i use ENTITY references if I define for example <!DOCTYPE
  xsl:stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">]>, it puts me  the #160 character
  from the table I have specified in encoding attribute???

No.
XML uses Unicode internally and all characters are refered to by Unicode
number so "& # 1 6 0 ;" means character 160 which is a non breaking
space. This is independent of the encoding of the file.

If your file is in latin1 (iso-8859-1) then that encoding specifies the
encoding of the character data. In particular the fact that the file is
in latin1 is what tells the computer that the six bytes with
values
38,35,49,54,48,59
are to be interpreted as &,#,1,6,0,;

David