RE: [xsl] Encoding attribute

Subject: RE: [xsl] Encoding attribute
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:32:56 +0000
On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 00:03, Michael Kay wrote:
> If it's any consolation you're not the only one who finds entities
> confusing. Scanning quickly through my spam box this evening, I spotted
> one with the title
>
> &FIRST_NAME; - Wow
>
> I'm not sure if it's worse that these guys are using XML, or that they
> are using it wrongly.

XML pr0n spam as a way to make money?

Actually I don't see anything wrong in using XML and entities
for mailing list management (if you can dignify spam with that
title). Clumsy, inefficient, and architecturally horrible, yes,
but the only thing that actually seems to be wrong with the
example you quote is that it didn't get resolved. Like they
care, anyway?

///Peter