RE: [xsl] libxslt version changes RTF or exsl node-set sorting behavior

Subject: RE: [xsl] libxslt version changes RTF or exsl node-set sorting behavior
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:50:22 -0000
>   My experience is that node-set() is a badly broken
> extension to XSLT-1.0

I think that describing an extension as broken because you have
difficulty implementing it using your chosen implementation technology
is a little unreasonable.

I was not aware before now that anyone opposed this facility. I'm
surprised that if you object to it so strongly, you haven't made your
views known until now. Given that there are many successful
implementations, I don't think the working group would be greatly swayed
by an argument based on implementability; but there have been other
features (like xx:evaluate()) excluded on similar grounds and you should
at least try to make your views known at the right time in the right
place.

Michael Kay