RE: [xsl] document() function not working in Saxon 7.8

Subject: RE: [xsl] document() function not working in Saxon 7.8
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:55:14 -0000
Saxon-specific questions are better raised on the saxon-help list at
sourceforge.net, rather than bothering everyone on this list.

What has changed between 7.4 and 7.8 is that Saxon now uses the
java.net.URI class to handle URIs, instead of the java.net.URL class.
The new class interprets the requirements of RFC 2396 more rigorously.

Having said that, I can't see what's wrong with either the relative URI
or the absolute URI in your example, and I can't reproduce the problem
when I run a similar transform with URIs that closely resemble these.
Please switch over to the Saxon list, and supply more information about
how you are running the transformation.

(Are you using the Sun JDK? I have had reports of problems from people
running the IBM JDK)

http://www.gmx.net/derspiegel +++