[xsl] recreating elements with attributes

Subject: [xsl] recreating elements with attributes
From: "Gruenewald, Terry" <tgruenewald@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:13:14 -0600
I'm performing an XML to XML transformation and I need to make some modifications to a few attributes during this transformation.  I've tried the following code, but I'm stuck as to how to print the "<" sign and ">" sign.  I've tried using the &lt; and &gt;, but the transformation process just then litterally puts in &lt; and &gt;.

this code loops through all attributes for the TOLL_CDR node.  The problem is when I try and put "<TOLL_CDR" in there, because the parser yells about the "<" sign in front of it.  Any thoughts?

   <xsl:template match="//CDRS/TOLL_CDR">

   <TOLL_CDR
   <xsl:text>
</xsl:text>
   <xsl:for-each select="@*">
	<xsl:value-of select="name()" />="<xsl:value-of select="." />"<xsl:text>
	</xsl:text>
   </xsl:for-each>
/>

   </xsl:template>