Re: [xsl] alternative for modes

Subject: Re: [xsl] alternative for modes
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:40:45 +0000
Hi Peter,

> As I mentioned above, 'generalTemplate' can be called on several
> places in the template, because everytime I need the same
> calculations, ... on the 'root'-tag. But each time (in every other
> place), I actually need different manipulations on the 'child'-tag.

Just a thought, but depending on what the general template is doing,
it might be that you can turn around the processing, so that instead
of calling the general template with a parameter specifying the mode,
you apply templates in the specific mode and those templates call the
general template as appropriate to perform the necessary calculations.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison