[xsl] background in block container

Subject: [xsl] background in block container
From: "Mark Williams" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:32:45 -0000
Hi,

I'm trying to achieve a page background with a border and a nice shade of
grey, but for various reasons I need to do it inside of static objects in
region-before.

If I do the following:

 <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before-page_1">
<fo:block-container position="absolute" left="3cm" top="1.5cm" width="15cm"
height="26cm" background-color="rgb(226, 226, 226)" border-color="rgb(0, 0,
0)" border-style="solid" border-width="1pt">

  <fo:block>&#160 </fo:block>

  </fo:block-container>

This produces the correct border and background colour but unfortunately it
sits on top of my body text.

Is there any way of making the body text show through the block container
whilst assigning a background colour.  I assume not, but thought it worth
asking.

On the assumption that I can't do the above, could any one give me a steer
as to how I would do the following:

1.    If I add a block-container to the body-region flow which contains the
background colour etc, I know that this works, but, is there any way I can
set the boundaries of that block-cotainer so that it ignores the margin.  In
other words, how do I set it 1cm from the edge of the page, as opposed to
1cm from the left margin?

Thanks,

Mark