[xsl] Newbie XSL Question

Subject: [xsl] Newbie XSL Question
From: "Glenn MacGregor" <gtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:48:40 -0500
Hi All,

I have searched the newsgroup archives and not found anything relevant to my
question, so here goes...

I am writing a php report generation application that will take an xml file
as input, substitute some real variables for placeholders and create the
report. I was thinking of using xsl to help me with this task. Here is what
I have so far:

XML Config file:
with="tag">title</hsn:replace></td></tr>
<hsn:foreach param="devices">
</hsn:foreach>

So in the html (xml) I have tow tags <hsn:replace> and <hsn:foreach>.

The <hsn:replace> is used to replace the complete ("<hsn:replace
with="tag">title</hsn:replace>") tag with the CDATA of the tag defined in
the hsn:replace CDATA. So replace the complete hsn:replace tag with "Test
Title".

The <hsn:foreach> tag is used to iterate over a list of things(devices in
this case) and substitute the current one in the CDATA of the hsn:foreach
tag. So if there were 3 devices(test1,test2,test3) the output I would like
would be:

for that section.

Do you think XSL could help me in any of these tasks? I assume I will have
my php scripts write some intermediate output (xml) in which the hsn:* tags
a changed to something more useful for XSL. Then run the intermediate file
through the XSL processor w/ a stylesheet to get the final output.

Is any of this possible?

    Thanks so much for your input!

            Glenn