Re: [xsl] JavaScript and XSL (ver2)

Subject: Re: [xsl] JavaScript and XSL (ver2)
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:44:15 +0000
Hi Karl,

> The writeToLayer function above is a proven and stable function.
> What I am expecting to happen, the the XML document "test2" gets
> loaded into the dom object... and then I will simple display results
> of xml doc in the DIV with id of "select_signature". I am getting
> nothing at all.

The first task is to make sure that the Javascript code that you're
generating is bug free. This has nothing to do with the XSLT that you
use to generate the Javascript function. So look at the result
document from the transformation. Does it look right? If you just open
that document, does it work? If it doesn't, edit the document until it
does work. Only once you've got it working should you start thinking
about how to generate the Javascript from XSLT.

(By the way, you don't need to use disable-output-escaping in the code
that you've shown us. The only reason you need to use
disable-output-escaping is if you want to output less-than signs and
ampersands without them being escaped, and there aren't any such
characters in what you're generating.)

Cheers,

Jeni

---