Re: AW: [xsl] AW: FO: ColorProof failed

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] AW: FO: ColorProof failed
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:37:32 -0500
At 2004-02-19 19:08 +0100, Knut Meinke wrote:
> Is it not enough to show that it can be read by Adobe Acrobat
> Reader?
Acrobat and this viewer open the document correctly.

By "this viewer" do you mean the GhostScript viewer? Surely if two PDF readers open the file there could be no questions from your vendor.

But this guy say it's no correct PDF. Sadly, no more information from him :|
But I have no influence on the PDF Format that AXF give me, so I now told him he must fix it with Pit Stop or something like this.

> I have no problems using GhostScript's distiller to distill Antenna House
> outputs into PDF files and I like the fact that it is all free as well.
Antenna House output is PDF, or are there a other output option? Do not understand you here.

(Assuming you have AX 2.5 ...) If you have a PostScript printer driver installed in your Windows environment and you use that printer from AX, the output file is a PostScript file. You can use the free GhostScript distiller to create a PDF file from the PostScript file, without using the AX PDF driver. This is how I publish the XSL books that I sell from my web site.

On a related note, I have the Adobe PostScript printer driver installed in my Windows XP environment ... is anyone on this list aware of a freely available or affordable PostScript printer driver independent of having to buy the Adobe product?

Thanks!

-- Public courses: upcoming world tour of hands-on XSL training events Each week: Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO Washington, DC: 2004-03-15 San Francisco, CA: 2004-03-22 Hong Kong: 2004-05-17 Germany: 2004-05-24 England: 2004-06-07 World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training!

G. Ken Holman                  mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.           http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0     +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
Male Breast Cancer Awareness   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc