Re: [xsl] HTML RANDOM NODE LIST

Subject: Re: [xsl] HTML RANDOM NODE LIST
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:55:23 -0500
Tracy,

I suggest you check out the page on "Lookup" in the FAQ:

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N4995.html

Using this pattern you can list all the titles you want to suppress in your stylesheet, or elsewhere, and use a test like

test="not(preceding-sibling::TITLE[1] = $suppress-titles)"

where $suppress-titles is the list of titles you want to interdict.

You can use the same list to exclude items from node sets you are counting, etc. But it sounds like you may ultimately want to do this in two passes, to simplify the logic.

Good luck,
Wendell