Re: [xsl] Re: Re: Node Selection List

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Re: Node Selection List
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:17:05 GMT

> Is it because I do not have a loop of any kind,

>  and everytime the count functions are called it cannot "retro"
> count the previous ITEM's which fit this description?  I know a loop would be a
> convenient method, but unfortunately my ITEM's are contained within different
> parent elements

count() doesn't care where the nodes are that it is counting, it just
tells you how manynodes there are. Insidee the count is a standard Xpath
expression to select whatever nodes you want to select.
I guessed preceding-sibling::ITEM but if teh ITEMs are not siblings,
obviously that was the wrong guess and you need an Xpath that selects
what you want to select.

You may find it easier to use xsl:number with suitable attributes
so it just counts all items consecutively.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew