RE: [xsl] good enough XSLT processor

Subject: RE: [xsl] good enough XSLT processor
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:20:00 -0000
> Until now I used Sablotron via Perl to do our XSLT 
> processing, but we found 
> out that it doesn't handle html entities like $frac12; to xml 
> entities when 
> using utf8. We have been using Perl to translate these back 
> to xml entities, 
> but only those that occured. So now we are frequently bugged 
> by new entities 
> breaking the process when they are introduced.

I don't think it's your processor, it's your process :)

$fract12; should lead with an &, but I guess that's a typo.

Im not sure what you mean by 'xml entities', so you might need to
clarify there.

However, the usual answer here is to specifiy an output encoding that
doesn't support the character that you are trying to output, thereby
forcing the serialiser to output a reference instead.  

So, if you specified output encoding="ascii" in your stylesheet the
'vulgar fraction one half' should be output as the reference &#189;



 XSL-List info and archive:

Current Thread