Re: [xsl] Combination of normalize-space() and apply-templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] Combination of normalize-space() and apply-templates
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:47:42 GMT
> [Missing quotes added and one bracket deleted]

sorry. if you stay on this list long enough you'll find my typing is not
the most accurate evor (actually i'm sure my typing is perfect but the
list manager scrambles my letters:-)

> That one worked, except fo the trailing blank. What does it do?
I mistyped, it was intended to take the last character of the
original string and compare it to space or newline and add a space
if needed but substring(.,string-length(.)-1 is teh last two characters
of the string not the last character you want
substring(.,string-length(.)
ie remove both cases of -1 from what I posted.

> If so, the last condition will always fail, because we already
> normalized the string.

No, it's testing the string value of "." ie the original text node.

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew