[xsl] Re: Re: Is there a way to catch Exceptions in xslt thrown from calling a Java function within Xalan ?

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Is there a way to catch Exceptions in xslt thrown from calling a Java function within Xalan ?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:18:07 +0100
"Gheste, Amit S" <Amit.Gheste@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4A173960D4CB824DA2F4B8EB67739D6A02769BBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have tried this with a VB Code, and this works with the MSXML
> parser, but I cannot test it with the Xalan parser as I cannot
> install stuff here.
>
> Anyway try this.
>
> <xsl:if test="$sometest">
> <xsl:message terminate="yes">Invalid Date Format in the
> Begin Date</xsl:message>
> </xsl:if>
>
> Regards
>
> AmitGhaste
> 314.359.1851

The original question was "Is there a way to catch Exceptions in xslt thrown
from calling a Java function within Xalan ?"

You are describing something very different -- a way to terminate an XSLT
transformation. Where is the extension (Java) function, where is the
throwing of the exception (in the Java code) and its catching in the XSLT
code?

Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev
FXSL developer,