Re: [xsl] reccursive sum ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] reccursive sum ?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:22:05 GMT
  The goal of all this transformation is to prevent using a variable, is it ?
  I find it's a lot to do (it has many consequences on the whole project) and
  don't see perfectly what the use of it.

why is it a lot to do? it just makes one variable which takes three or
four lines immediately before you call sum() as I showed in my post.

  document(concat($Meid,'.xml')

No, that makes the argument to document a string and you want it to be a
node set where each node has teh uri of a document, tehn document() will
load all the files in one go and sum() can take teh sum over all teh
files, as you requested.

If you don't do this, you'll ned to do a recursve template as I think
others have shown, which will certainly be a lot more code, it may or
may not be more efficient depending on implementation details of your
processor, however I'd guess usually it would be slower.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew