RE: [xsl] setting the variable value dynamically

Subject: RE: [xsl] setting the variable value dynamically
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:58:06 +0100

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by this?

An xsl:variable, once created, cannot change its value within the same
context. So if it's a variable global to the stylesheet, the value will
remain the same throughout the entire transformation.

OTOH: you can use an xsl:param, either global to the stylesheet (can be set
e.g. via the command-line) or as parameter to a specific template (can be
set by apply-templates/call-template accompanied by xsl:with-param).

Cheers,

Andreas